Wednesday, March 24, 2010

School Library Association QLD - reading

http://www.slaq.org.au/advocacy/school_library_management/rbl.htm


Have found this article very beneficial. Should I have to do a professional reading when I am a TL I think that I will draw from this. In fact I think this may be a great thing to study up on when (if?) I have an onterview for a TL position.

Things I love about this article:

It gives a great idea of the role of the TL but it is v. succinct
It outlines the benefits to everyone:-
teachers - work load is lightened as TL assists in planning and preparation as well as assessment
principals - development of lifelong learners, optimum use of strengths of tchrs and TLs
parents - awareness of their chn as developing skills to be lifelong learners
students - more interesting and stimulating lessons, more individual attention and more catering for learning styles

I also like the research strategy outlined - very simple but seemingly effective

Once again I am wondering if the TL is going to become a thing of the past. The article makes great reading and sheds a lot of light on TL role for me. BUT I can imagine a great number of classroom tchrs who would say that they are capable of planning/implementing RBL in their own classrooms without the need for TL cooperation other than organising resources. I can literally name a dozen off the top of my head who I currently work with. When I do work as a TL I can see now that a lot of time has to go into self-promotion. This is something I am not terribly good at. I can see that I am going to have to learn to sing my own praises, because let's face it no-one else will do it for the TL.

Ramblings now need to comne to an end. Wonder if this post will make sense to me down the track?!?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment