Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Assignment 2 - struggling

Really struggling with assignment 2. Had a nightmare about the mark for assignment 1 which I think was my subconscious telling me to get myself a bit more organised with assignment 2. Have selected my 3 standards from ALIA/ASLA. This was pretty easy. I planned to highlight all the ones that really jumped out at me as the ones that were really about student learning outcomes, and then cull from the ones highlighted. It turned out that I only highlighted 3!! Am still deciding if this is a good or bad thing. All are realted on some level to student outcomes, but to me 1.1, 1.2 and 2.2 jumped out.
1.1 - knowledge of principles of lifelong learning - what more canI say about this? Tchrs and TLs should be teaching chn how to be learners, and this carries through for their lifetime. An obvious choice
1.2 - learning and teaching across curriculum areas - involves knowledge about pedagogy, developmental backgrounds, resourcing. Another standout choice
2.2 - collaboratively planning and resourcing programmes relating to IL and literature outcomes - the esssence of the TL role appears to be collaboration. Collaboration leads to well developed stimulating ans meaningfull tasks. Once again, chooling this outcome was a no-brainer.

NOW I wonder whether these outcomes will still remain the standout ones as I work through Part 2 of the assignment a bit more.

All I have to do now is choose the 3 information skills models. There are some I really like but there is no much literature on them. Do I stick with these ones or go with the other ones that have more literature to read up about them. I am guessing I will have to go with the latter. Fingers crossed that I choose wisely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment