Thursday, April 1, 2010

So overwhelmed

I have been reading fairly consistently, but am still struggling to get through all that needs to be read. Holidays are here and more time for reading (?)- although I am dealing with my daughter singing her Hannah Montana songs on her new microphone and amp (birthday pressie a week ago - possibly not the cleverest purchase I have made) and my son needing entertaining/cuddles - so possibly it is going to be harder than ever to get through everything.

Am really struggling with Assignment 1. How much of a definition on ILSC should I include? Am I describing or critically analysing the TL role? Am I making sure possible solutions to obstacles are supported by literature. But the BIGGEST challenge I am finding is with the referencing.

Anyhow, much has come from my readings. Firstly, I am wondering if it is just me, but most descriptions if ILSC seem to be more relevant to a high school than a primary school. Perphaps there are many elements that cross over, but the first few years of schooling and the final years would (and should) be apporached very differently by TLs.

I am bogged down in just how much variety there is in the TL role. I had thought there was a greater emhpasis on literacy before starting, but have realised that this isn't actually so. The role is more about teaching processes and skills. I wonder how many schools are utilising their TLs to the max. We certainly aren't at HS. I admit that I did see library lessons as RFF - and yes I am hanging my head in shame now. How am I going to overcome this when I actually start working in a TL role?

Am going to finish my airy-fairy mumblings here as I really want to get back to Assignment 1. Panic is starting to set in. Back in the old days ie when studying to be a teacher, I ALWAYS used to leave assignments to the last minute and thrived under pressure. This is not the case now - working four days a week and having two darling little children certainly changes things!

Wish me luck :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michaela,

    I'm sooo very with you! Waking up at all hrs stressing about how I will get everything done! You know what - we will!It may not be as perfect as we would like it, but hey, we have family, friends and work commitments that we need to juggle as well.
    Hang in there! I feel VERY lucky to be doing this Course with you.
    Bridxx

    ReplyDelete